Welcome to The Loop, your inside track on what’s happening at Manhood Journey. In this brief monthly post, we’ll share a few hand-picked stories about the ministry. You’ll find out what God’s up to, learn about new products, hear testimonials, and get a peek at our prayer list.
It’s Summer, finally. Aside from having to keep the kiddos busy, the sun (as a pale gentleman, I view the sun as the devil’s tool for burning a man.) Oh, then there’s the humidity where I live in the DC area. Aside from these things, I love me some Summer.
So you know where I stand on the important issues, here are a few of my favorite things about Summer:
- corn on the cobb—or off the cobb—all corn is from God
- grilled food is better than food that is not grilled
- the iced doubleshot from Starbucks—like corn—is also the Lord’s handiwork
You get the idea. The sun is bad. Corn, grilling, and iced espresso are good. Basically, Summer is awesome and I’m pumped.
Now, if June is any indication of MJ’s epic summer, we’re off to a great start. Here’s a rundown of a few hand-picked things from June:
1. Kent speaks at Current Church in Texas >
Kent visited Current Church in Katy, Texas for Father’s Day Weekend. The men’s ministry weekend was called “Wise Guys” based on Kent’s book. Kent and Pastor Darren walked guys through being a better husband, becoming an intentional father and raising the next generation of godly men.
I’m inspired by this quote from Kent’s weekend in Texas.
“Dads, you are—biblically and statistically speaking—the primary shaper of your kids’ spiritual choice. Don’t wait for this to happen. LEAD and watch it happen.” —Kent Evans
Nice work, Kent. And, thanks Current Church, for having us!
2. CBN interviews Kent about Wise Guys book > CBN interviewed Kent for a recent article titled Wise Guys You Can Trust and discussed all things mentoring and manhood.